Active Ingredient: clomiphene
Fertomid is used for treating female infertility.
Use Fertomid as directed by your Health provider.
Take Fertomid by mouth with or without food. Properly timed sexual intercourse is important for good results. Ovulation usually occurs 5 to 10 days after a dose of Fertomid. If pregnancy has not been successful after 3 courses of treatment, further treatment is not recommended. Long-term use of Fertomid is not recommended.
Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
Store at 25 degrees C (77 degrees F). Keep Fertomid and all medicines out of the reach of children and away from moisture and heat.
Some medical conditions may interact with Fertomid . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
if you are planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding
if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
if you have depression, endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, or uterine fibroids.
Do NOT use Fertomid if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Fertomid
- you are pregnant
- you have abnormal vaginal bleeding
- you have ovarian cysts (small growths on the ovaries) or enlargement not due to polycystic ovarian syndrome
- you have or have ever had blockage of blood vessels (blood clots) in the legs, lungs, or other parts of the body
- you have liver problems, uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal gland problems, or a brain lesion (eg, pituitary gland tumor).
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Blurred vision or vision problems (spots or flashes);
- breast tenderness;
- enlarged breasts;
- enlargement of the ovaries;
- flushing; headache;
- hot flashes;
- mood change;
- pelvic pain or bloating;
- stomach pain;
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue)
- increased risk of cancer of the ovaries;
- over stimulation of the ovaries;
- spontaneous abortion.